(ichthyology), P. A. Hertckel (plant physiology, microbiology), E. S. Dctnini (histology, Micromammaiia), V. A. Kruger (geobotany). Moreover, the Insti tute has 14 senior and 4 junior scientific assistants. Scientifically connected with the Institute are 6 supernumerary active members and 2 senior assisstants. ф,-. The Institute prepares aspirants (future scientists) .The number of gra duated aspirants during past years is 20; some of them are already profes sors and docents. In 1935 the ichthyological and agricultural «complexes» and the Kama Biological Station of the Institute will carry on their complex work at stu dying the r. Kama and its valleys, their soil, their geobotanical, hydroche mical, hydrobiological and ichthyological conditions in connexion with the construction of the Kama State electric station. The Troitsk Reserve will continue and enlarge its work at studying the possibilities of utilizing alkali soils in agriculture and proceed with field and laboratory experiments. Histological work will be conducted at the investigation of the state of sexual glands of sturgeon and Cyprinidae in connection with age, at observations on the development of skin bones of some fishes. The Institute intends to undertake a complex expedition to a section of the Kara sea (the western coast of the peninsula Уа—mal or Yenisey gulf). The expedition will be carried on by the ichthyological complex under the guidance of prof. A. N. Probatov, well known for his work in ichthyo logy and especially that of the North. The biochemical laboratory will continue studying biological processes in human organism affected by physical factors and tuberculosis in diverse climatic zones of the southern coast of Crimea. Summarizing our description we see that the Institute dung the years of its existence succeeded in developing a considerable bulk of work and proving its vitality. While its work during the first years was somewhat disconnected from the problems of socialist construction and directed chiefly by indivi dual propensities of some collaborator or other, since 1930 the situation has changed. Scientific workers have entirely directed their collective work to solving actual problems of economic construction and get enormous satis faction seeing the results of their work made use of in the socialist con struction of the country and Ural-Kuznetsk Combinat. There is no doubt that under the direction of L en in 's und S ta lin ’s bolshevist party the Institute will successfully work out theoretical and practical problems within its specialties aud together with the whole conutry win a new success in the task of socialist construction and of the developtent of soviet science.